pj1228: Lacroix (Default)
[personal profile] pj1228
[community profile] fkficfest is releasing stories. Check them out.

My contribution Heads or Tails released last Tuesday. It took me a while to get a grip on it this year. Initially I had started on a different prompt, but got stuck at 3400 words. Eventually, inspiration hit and I started from scratch on another prompt. By that time I had already lost three weeks of writing time. Other complications arose, so that it got really close to meet the deadline. My generous beta reader made a couple of very good suggestions, but I ran out of time to incorporate all. I had planned to do so after the deadline, but then my story released quite early. Instead of adding scenes, I might now write a sequel, because I want to explore the dynamics between the characters as I have left them at the end of the story a bit further.

I also hope to continue my original story for which I now have all the time in the world.

Date: 2026-07-29 03:52 am (UTC)
brightknightie: Nick, Natalie and Schanke looking at Nick's painting of his beast (Trio Nick Natalie Schanke)
From: [personal profile] brightknightie
Thank you for promoting the fest on your journal!

I'm sorry that being early on the release schedule turned out to be a disappointment this year. I'm sure that a sequel will be well-received!

Good luck with your original-idea story. I hope that it grows into everything that you imagine for it!

Date: 2026-07-29 03:50 pm (UTC)
thefruitbat: Friutbat (Default)
From: [personal profile] thefruitbat

I'm glad I could help and very happy that you consider writing a sequel. ^^

Profile

pj1228: Lacroix (Default)
pj1228

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
2 345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 26th, 2026 03:35 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios